Family and Senior Sessions
When should I call and schedule my family portrait session?
- It never hurts to book early! Booking early gives you a better selection of dates to choose from. Plus, the sooner you book the sooner we can begin the fun of planning your perfect session!
When is the best time to do senior sessions?
- We begin senior sessions in the spring of your junior year and continue through early fall as you begin your senior year. Here are some things to consider while deciding when to book your session. Are you planning on using these portraits in your school's yearbook? Most schools have a deadline for photo submission, usually September or October, so it would be best to schedule by early August. Also, think about how active you are during certain times of the year. Between practices, study sessions and part time jobs, when will the best time to schedule be for you?
What can I expect during my portrait session?
- To have fun! These sessions are meant to be light-hearted, full of fun and laughter, for everyone involved. During our pre-session consultation we will discuss all your thoughts and ideas. We will work together to pick a location that allows you to be the most comfortable and expresses you and your family's personality. You can expect some posed shots but we'll add some candid flare in there as well! Sessions typically last for about an hour, giving seniors ample time for clothing changes and for families, plenty of break down poses.
Where will our session take place?
- I have a list of lots of different locations to choose from or you can pick one of your own! We are always excited to shoot in new places. These photographs are a reflection of you and your family so we want to find a place that compliments you.
What should we wear?!?
- Ah, the infamous "What should we wear?" question. The answer to this is simple, wear what you love to wear! Again, you want to be comfortable. If you are uncomfortable, it will show in your photos. This is something we can go more in depth with during your consultation and determine what works best for you. If you'd like, you can check out our Pinterest page to see lots of different ideas.
What do you think about props?
- Props are a great way to personalize any session! Whether its your favorite book, the family farm truck, or a bunch of colorful balloons, it's always fun to bring something along that has great meaning to you and your family. Gather all your ideas together and let's talk!
What about after my portrait session?
- After your session, I will edit all the best images and then present them to you at your Reveal and Ordering appointment which will take place 1 week after your session. You will get to see a slideshow set to music of all your images and then you will be able to choose from a variety of prints and products in which to enjoy your photographs! My goal is to help you select and purchase products that only you desire and nothing more. If you're happy, I'm happy! Once your order is placed, it will take 3-4 weeks to process, print and deliver.
What do most clients purchase?
- While we do not require a minimum investment, most clients typically invest $500-$1000 on their complete photographic experience. Some of our most popular items are our Gallery Wrapped Canvases and our Heirloom Albums.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel my session due to sickness, weather, etc.?
- If someone is sick, let’s reschedule. I will always reschedule sessions if I am ill because no one needs any extra germs. Please let me know, asap, if you need to reschedule. If for some reason I never receive a phone call, email, Facebook message or you show up to a shoot more than a half an hour late without a legitimate 24 hour notice then we will reschedule, and a $100 cancellation fee will be charged to cover the sitting fee. If the weather is iffy I will contact you early on, however, we will not call off a photo-shoot until we absolutely have to. Cloudy days are great days for photos so no need to cancel just because of a few clouds. You will not be charged a $100 fee if we have to reschedule due to weather.
You're the photographer for us! What do I do now?
- Wonderful!! The first thing to do is contact me! You can do so by clicking HERE. Let's talk a little bit about what you are looking for and we will schedule an in-person consultation to discuss all the details such as what kind of artwork you are looking for, which locations would be cool, what outfits to wear, props and anything else you can think of! If we both agree we can't live without each other then I will collect your creation fee and schedule your session! I look forward to working with you!